New in this version: reduced memory usage, improved CIE94 HAM8 image quality, added sliced HAM6 iff export, various bug fixes.
- WSL normally only supports pure command line applications. It is possible to run ham_convert in cli mode under WSL by installing Xvfb:
sudo apt install xvfb. Running ham_convert under WSL:
xvfb-run -a java -Xms500m -Xmx2g -jar ham_convert_1.7.0.jar [image/txt file list] [options]. Alternative Xvfb configuration. To run gui version you need to install full X Server like VcXsrv or XMing.
- Sliced ham6 now supports pchg iff export (experimental). To enable sliced ham6 use ham6_sliced command line parameter or sliced ham6 mode in the extra options tab.
- Fixed sliced ham6 dithering bug.
- HAM8: reduction of CIE94 glitching.
- Less frequent preview refresh when in batch mode to increase conversion speed.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Disabled updating the log in batch mode. Huge batch can overload it with text resulting in eating a lot of memory.
- Post-conversion screen allowing user to modify iff saving, ham map saving, palette saving, enable opening output image, enable opening source directory.
- Extra EHB palette optimization.
- Experimental temporal checks-line mixed dithering to increase the number of simulated color levels in ham6 batch mode to 61 (slighly below rgb666). To enable use dither_temporal command line parameter. Requires batch mode (.txt source file list) and ham6. Designed to convert animations in cli batch mode.
- Experimental reduced visibility “masked” checks-line mixed dithering to make dithering pattern less visible. To enable use dither_masked command line parameter. Requires batch mode (.txt source file list) and ham6. Designed to convert animations in cli batch mode.
- Dither in cli mode now produces less visible ham6 dithering pattern.
- ham6_fast in cli mode now uses cie94 instead of cie76 to improve picture quality.
- Added nopng cli option to skip png image saving (only iff will be saved).
- Added threads_X cli parameter to set CPU thread limit (X=1 to available CPU threads).
- Fixed ham6_faster cli option.
- Fixed ham8 dual mode gui glitch.